|Total Liquid Savings||13735|
|Total including House||82735|
|Total Net Worth||111605|
Last updated: 31/03/2014
- Challenge: Complete the 30 day mega-detox challenge – 80% completed (4 out of 5 challenges). Read the final results here
- Financial Task: Make a solid retirement plan – Completed. Post(s)
coming soonalready underway!
- Financial Task: Set up a SIPP account to save pre-tax £££’s into – Failed!
- Financial Task: Set up an ISA in Mrs TFS’s name and use it to invest in Vanguard funds – Completed. Post coming soon!
- Task: Buy a new (used!) car to increase fuel efficiency (MPG), and sell the old one. – Completed! Read the post about it here
- Challenge: Run 2 half marathons (already booked in so I have to do this really!) – Completed! – Ran the Brighton Half Marathon in 1:34:54 – a personal best! And the Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon in 1:39:46. So maybe my strange training schedule throughout January did pay dividends in the end! 🙂
- Financial: Research alternative methods of investing available to UK investors, and invest if possible. Completed. Did a fair bit of research on this front but as always with these things it is an on-going process.
- Environmental: Energy efficiency in the home. Test all devices, make necessary changes. Completed. Bought and installed some LED lights so all our bulbs are now energy saving.
- Task: Sell rest of stuff from de-cluttering project, and have a reassessment. Completed. We have been selling stuff on E-Bay and also had a car boot sale (in March, so a little late finishing this project off. Again these things tend to be on-going!)
- Financial Education: Learn how to submit a tax form, for the purposes of having “side hustle” income. Failed! Just haven’t had the time this month! Plus I haven’t had any side hustle income yet 🙁 so ultimately I haven’t had the motivation to get this one done.
- Financial Task: Open some new credit cards to start “Travel hacking” – hopefully I can pay for a holiday in 2015 with air miles. Failed! I looked into it and decided that Avios points are actually a bit of a crap deal. Post coming up about this soon!
- Education: Start reading a book! Completed-ish. I started reading Guns, Germs and Steel but only got about half way through before I had to get it back to the library as someone had already resevered it. I re-reserved it so will carry on when available again! (It was pretty good so far!)
- Blog Milestone: 10,000 page views per month 🙂 – Failed. March bought in 5,424 page views. Although I’m still pretty happy with that! 🙂
- Challenge: Complete a 30 day no meat challenge
- Financial Task: Complete a self assesed tax form for end of year.
- Environmental: How to reduce waste in the home
- Environmental: Start a compost heap in the garden
- Financial Goal: Start “Maxing out” both of our ISA allowances which equates to putting around £2000 a month into them jointly
- Finanicial Task: As it will be the new tax year, set up a new ISA in my name which uses Vanguard funds only and work out an optimum asset allocation strategy.
- Challenge: Complete a 30 day “no added sugar” food challenge
- Other: Celebrate Mrs TFS’s 30th birthday in style, but on a budget (am I allowed to put that? Oh well too late!)
- Financial Education: Learn more about real estate investing – Research the local market intensively to see if a local rental property would be viable, and if not see if buying a property somewhere else in England would work.
- Blog Milestone: 20,000 page views per month
- Other: Celebrate my 33rd birthday. Eek!